In This TAS Episode:
• Global Sources Supplier
• Working With Manufacturers
• China Sourcing Scams
• Interview with Peter Zapf, an employee of Global Sources
Welcome back to The Amazing Seller Podcast and thanks for checking out the show notes page for this great episode about product sourcing. In this great conversation I’m talking with Peter Zapf, an employee of Global Sources, a company that works directly with Chinese and other Asian manufacturing companies to make their products available to retailers, ebayers, and Amazon sellers. We’re going to take a deep dive into the process that Global Sources has put in place to enable to you to skip the middle man (agents) and talk directly to the supplier of the products you want to sell.
▪ Download Transcript for this Episode: http://theamazingseller.com/ts170
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
▪ [0:05] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
▪ [2:01] Who Peter is and how he got started with Global Suppliers.
▪ [3:12] The history of Global Sources.
▪ [3:25] The differences between Global Sources and Alibaba.
▪ [4:57] The process you’d go through on Global Sources to find a supplier.
▪ [6:05] How does the communication process work, and can test orders be done?
▪ [7:58] Can products be customized via Global Sources?
▪ [9:58] How do test orders typically work?
▪ [11:40] Minimum orders from Global Sources – the typical scenario.
▪ [12:16] Payment options with Global Sources manufacturers.
▪ [14:04] Wire transfer payment tips.
▪ [15:40] Future credit card options with Global Sources.
▪ [16:32] Walking through the process on the Global Sources site.
▪ [17:00] How to find the top suppliers who are most trustworthy.
▪ [20:16] How shipping is typically handled with Global Sources suppliers.
▪ [22:25] Manufacturing shows that Global Sources is part of and how it benefits buyers to attend a show.
▪ [23:40] Mistakes commonly seen using the Global Sources site.
▪ [26:59] How to make your process more rigorous as you scale up your orders.
▪ [27:50] Why paying for 3rd party inspections is like insurance.
▪ [31:41] How inspection companies charge.
▪ [35:52] Scams that happen with supplier’s email addresses and financial risks.
▪ [42:20] Why you want to move toward purchase orders as you scale larger.
▪ [47:00] The power of good communication with Chinese suppliers.
▪ [49:25] Scott’s summary of the episode.
▪ LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
▪ http://www.GlobalSources.com – a “new” product supplier website.
▪ http://www.GlobalSources.com/summit – TAS Discount $150 Off – Use CodeSV150
▪ http://Asian Inspection
▪ http://Asia Quality Focus
▪ http://Pro Q C
▪ http://V Trust
▪ http://Flexport – Ocean shipping and logistics
Listen to more FBA Talk at http://theamazingseller.com FBA Private Label discussion on how to build and Amazon Business.
Check out my Weekly Workshop Link: http://theamazingseller.com/workshop/
Checkout my book ’AMAZON SELLING BLUEPRINT’ at http://theamazingseller.com/book
Discounted Amazon Seller Tools: http://theamazingseller.com/resources
Please watch: "How To Find More Profit in Your Amazon FBA Business (Hacks and Tips) "