HEYLO everyone! (:
The highly requested video is finally here! I was gonna do the bow hairstyle tutorial for Christmas, but I decided to do this one instead and push that one to Valentine's day. Hope you girls won't mind ^^;
NOW to the bleaching! I will give you 2 warning right now.
1. Coming from personal experience, bleaching is REALLY damaging. It is many times worse than hair dye, but it is the only way you can get dark hair to a nice blonde. Bleach is permanent and it will make your hair dry and more prone to breakage.
2. I'm NOT in any way an expert. What I say and do may not be the correct, so don't fully trust me. You can get this done professionally if you want better results.
But anyway, here's what you would ask your hairstylist:
1. Peek-a-boo highlights on your longest layers (how thick or thin is up to you)
2. 3 thin highlights on your bangs.
That's it! Simple, no? Bring some pictures with you too :D
You wanna do this at home instead? TIPS TIPS TIPS!
1. The color will stick better on dirty hair so try not to wash your hair for 2-3 days before bleaching it.
2. Bleach does damage clothing so wear something you don't mind getting dirty.
3. DON'T apply bleach on your scalp. It'll burn and irritate it. Make sure bleach don't get on your skin either. If it does, immediately wash it off.
4. After you've wrapped your hair in the foil, check back on it once in a while to make sure the color has lifted to your desired shade.
5. When you're done, CONDITION your bleached part well. It needs nourishment!
6. If you're planning to bleach your whole head, DON'T DO IT YOURSELF. I'd really recommend you go to a salon. If not, have someone you trust do it for you.
7. I don't know much about the different kinds of toner since I don't use them, but feel free to ask the Sally Beauty workers. They should help you out (:
8. Don't worry about how the first result will come out. For dark hair, it WILL look brassy. It takes 3-4 times to get it to a nice blonde.
9. Have a back up plan in case you mess up. You could dye it over with hair dye or cut that part off.
10. If you want some reassurance for the results, do a TEST STRAND and see how that will turn out.
That's all I can think of right now. I'll add to this list if more tips come to mind. Hope this helped a lot & leave me questions if you have any. Byebye (=